One axie floating, the other just fine

kissabttrfly21

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there! I am new to the axie community. I just received my first two axies 3 days ago. The first day, the leucistic (Roswell) ate just fine. Now, the past two days she hasn't eaten at all and is floating alot. She tried swimming away while I was feeding her and kept floating, tail first to the surface. Phoenix (gold) is doing just fine eating and swimming like a happy little axie. I've read on here that it might be because the tank is cycling, which is very possible, but i'm wondering what I can do besides water changes (which i have been) to help. Any suggestions are welcome!

hi, what temperature is you tank at the mo? i found that my young axies did the same when they were too warm. try lowering the temp if you can.
through this sight ive learned alot and sometimes if their tale goes up first it may indicate constipation.

i also separted my lil axie when he was floating into a small container so he could feel the bottom and didnt panic as much and also fed him in there. i now know that i have to make sure my axloltls are well fed as they're occasionally prone to floating .
im no expert and this is all new to me too but hope it can be of some use.

What kind of substrate do you have?

whats funny is that i had a tiger larvae that used to float & couldnt stay down i used to scoop her up with my fingers out of the water & massage her belly with my fingers , after 10 seconds she would let out a little burp & after that i would put her back in the water & she would be find no more floating , out of the year i owned her i did it like 3 times & it worked out , could be a bacteria that traps gas in the gut that makes her float,

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back