Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Help

Rosiejane

Reaction score
Hi I am thinking to get an Axolotls but I do not know if I should change the water fully.. I recently had a red Devil in the tank, but It had pass away.. and If I need to change the water fully, if so how much do I need to Wait to be

strawberrie

Reaction score
Would recommend testing the water parameters first, but chances are you'll have to change some of the water. It mostly depends on if the water is still cycled and how long it's been sitting.

Rosiejane

Reaction score
Thanks, yeah the water is still cycling but I do not know what my red Devil died of but my husband said lack of chemicals.. as I done a water change and I did not put any chemicals in it as he uselly he does it, but he was away for work.. but sadly it got sick!! Anyway thanks I probably get a water tester before I start buying..

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd be very wary of putting anything into a tank that something has died in, without giving it a really good clean.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1