Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Photo: Harlequin?

Zipetta

Reaction score
Hello! This is my female axolotl. She is 9 years old and over 35cms long. She has a brother of similar colouring. (Hopefully I will have more photos soon) Is this Harlequin?

Attachments

• myphoto (1).jpg
    myphoto (1).jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1,504

hacelepues

Reaction score
I can't tell you whether or not she's a harlequin... but I can tell you that she's beautiful! Wow!

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
She's a heavily patterned leucistic. Harlequins display 3 (or more) colors. Still unusual though, to see one so big and so heavily spotted.

hacelepues

Reaction score
She's a heavily patterned leucistic. Harlequins display 3 (or more) colors. Still unusual though, to see one so big and so heavily spotted.

I think it's really interesting that the pigment isn't "spotty". The top is almost solid brown, and the underside is solid pink. It looks less like vitiligo (which I tend to think of when I see spotty leucistics), and more like an actual pattern!

IanC

Reaction score
Just seen your picture, looks like a harlequin, very simalr to some of my own, very nice.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!