The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding Eggs everywhere, how did that happen? Will it be albino or wildtype?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27th April 2016   #1
Amber'Louise
(AmberLouiseT)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 7
Rep: AmberLouiseT has started on the right path
Unhappy 4 day old larvae still not eating?

My 4 day old Axolotl larvae are still not eating. I'm literally using a pipette to suck out the tiniest daphnia, rinse them & then put them into the larvae tub. There are LOADS in there yet the two little larvae just aren't eating?
I'm getting really stressed, I'm convinced I'm going to lose them. About 30 mins ago I separated the two babies into smaller tubs, and put extra daphnia in each tub so there are literally about 50 or more baby daphnia in each little tub - to entice them to snap and eat.
However, my little white/gold larvae is barely even twitching anymore.
Is there a way I can check if they're eating? Like, is there a line I can see if I use a magnifying glass from the underside of the tub?
The daphnia have more life in them than my little babies. I'm genuinely close to tears as I've done everything I can to keep these babies safe, well fed and happy. Yet I'm clearly failing.

Can someone PLEASE tell me if there's a way I can see if they've got food in their tummies?
Or are these babies just destined to die after their dramatic hatching in the post.
I feel like an utter failure, I'm so disheartened and frustrated. All I ever wanted to do was love these little Axolotl's and watch them grow up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160427_153010.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	46504   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160427_153148.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	46505   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160427_152928.jpg
Views:	139