Taking good pictures of your newts

K

keegan

Well... I hope this is the right spot for this post...

Some of you guys.. (TJ, John, many others) have excellent pics of your animals. I have had poor results ... partially from using a cheap dig/vid camera... but recently I tried again with a better camera I borrowed (sorry.. I'll find out make/model and get back to you...)

I can take OK pics with my old pentax SLR with macro lens, but that is rather passe now, it seems... plus you have to wait a whole HOUR at the photo shop... THEN scan them in... *L*

So... any tips from the pros?

Keegan

PS: one thing that is way way annoying is that even the better dig cam had a half second delay from when you press the button to when it takes the pic. Also, it seems to focus wherever it dam well chooses. Maybe I'm just too old for this newfangled stuff (just hit a quarter century, ya know). Back to the SLR for me...

Hi Keegan,
I moved this to the photo techniques section as it seemed more appropriate here.

Ed

Just so you know, i use an analogue SLR and when i get them developed it costs me £2 to get them put onto a cd. that way i dont loose any quality through scanning.

Unfortunately its a canon ix7 so it uses 22mm film and thats becoming more and more difficult to find.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>Quoting Daniel Cook on Sunday 12 November 2006 - 16:37 (#POST111046):</font>

that way i dont loose any quality through scanning<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote> I think you always lose something through scanning; how much you lose depends on the quality of the scanner and the settings used. If you are having this done commercially, you could be getting excellent scans, or totally lousy scans, it really depends on how they do it and what equipment they use.

almost all companies in UK print film digitally now. thats what i meant when i said you don't loose quality. because the pictures have been changed to digital format already, there is no need to scan them.

i hope that makes sence... i think it does.
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back