Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

What camera should i get!

andrew

Reaction score
Hi all! i'm looking for a digital camera but i don't know anything about them, can anyone help me? I've been told Nikon are good, is this true? i want four-five MP and i'd like a good macro function. I'd spend 2 to 300 pounds.
Thanks

J

josh

hmmm, nikon does make good cameras. i was debating on a nikon or a canon. i went with canon. i got the canon eos 20D camera. i am very pleased with it. however, it cost me almost 2000 dollars U.S. for the kit. i suggest you get some good photography magazines and do alot of research and learn camera talk before you make your final decision

A

andy

Thanks Josh for your reply. I know have a camera and in the end i went with the fugi finepix s7000. I'm happy with it as i think it will be a good starter camera for me. Thanks again

J

josh

good for you man! taking pictures is fun! im still learning how to use my camera. it has so many features. good luck!

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
I´m very happy with the Fujifilm S5000 which i got half a year ago.
Unfortunately it´s not up to date any more - a problem of digital cameras in general.
But the quality is of the photos is ok.
Many on my personal page, a few already published in printed journals or books.

Good luck with your choice.

A

andy

Thanks guys, yes photography is alot of fun! I'm looking forward to learning more about it and posting pictures on this forum! I'm very happy with my choice so far so look out for my pics guys and feel free to give me photographic advice!
Thanks again

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!