Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New member in Alaska

907fbx

Reaction score
I decided to join the site becuase I built a vavariuk setup and am now looking to put some animals in it. Unfortunately we only have petco in my town, Fairbanks Alaska, I do not particularly like supporting them and they don't sell anything I am looking for any ways. And the closest city, anchorage, that has pet stores other than petco is more expensive to drive to than the $40 overnight shipping charge I will have to pay to ship my animals. I had searched for a website that sells cb animals and happened upon this site that said it's better to buy from one of you guys than a website. So here I am.

I have taken care of far more rodents than amphibians, not to say that I don't have experience. I have house a handful of firebelly roads, a couple tree frogs and a couple of fire belly newts. I had the newts when I was a child and before petco ran the local pet stores out of town.

I am interested in putting a couple newts, or salamanders, of the same or different species in the tank with maybe a couple frogs or even a lizard.

I will make a post about the setup and the details of it in another post for more information if that's needed.

So feel free to comment or message me if you have advice or can point me in the right direction. I look forward to being a part of this community.

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! At this point, due to the shipping ban, you can pretty much only sell Axolotls interstate. Otherwise you have to get eggs and raise them, those can still be shipped. Or if you find a breeder in your state, you can get newts from them. Good luck!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!