Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Newt Pics

adler0

Reaction score
Here is a video of one of mine eating some black worms. I purchased two of them from the OP and they are both doing great and growing faster than I expected. They're by far my two favorite newts. Sorry for the camera angle, I put my phone in the tank with them. If I get any interest, I'll be posting more videos and photos of them as I raise them. They've already grown quite a bit since I received them.

QwlepXm

Feeding my Echinotriton Andersoni - YouTube

mr cyclone

Reaction score
Amazing looking, they have obviously had plenty of carotenoid rich foods,the golden colour is very nice . My specimens has a paler yellow keep the pictures coming please and their setups.your posts with these animals will be invaluable , as they are so rare

jimmies1974

Reaction score
Congratulations bud. Seems like alot of fun and excitement.. lol. Those are also beautiful newts

velasco13000

Reaction score
I'm really thinking of getting some in the future. Hope you have a male and female. How long does this species take to sexually mature?

adler0

Reaction score
I'm really thinking of getting some in the future. Hope you have a male and female. How long does this species take to sexually mature?

A long time. I've read 5-8 years. I wish I could find more for sale. I only bought two and If they're not male and female then we're all out of luck.

adler0

Reaction score
1410931501828-dumpfm-elfluuva-photo-1.JPG

1410931505455-dumpfm-elfluuva-photo-2.JPG

New photos of each. Though it doesn't look like it in the photos, one is much larger than the other.

adler0

Reaction score
I got a new camera!
1413807363987-dumpfm-elfluuva-newt2.JPG

1413807358950-dumpfm-elfluuva-newt.JPG

No editing was done to these photos. No color correction or anything like that. Enjoy.

matamander

Reaction score
Just getting into this thread now...WOW!!

Neidhardt: how are the larvae coming along? Any more metamorphose?

Jesse: awesome pics of your little guys!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1