Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Milky

A

adam

meet milky
for some reason he loves the back corner of the tank ill have to get more pics

77393.jpg

D

denise

nice axie adam but you should remove the gravel and use sand or a bare bottom, axies can eat gravel and it can be very painful to pass or get stuck in them causing them to get very ill or die.

A

annmarie

wow your axie is a very pretty colour. i like the light brown/golden non-albino axolotls.

J

jacob

I love the colour!
Some of mine that I hatched had light colour patches on them, but no where near what yours has! I'm jealous

J

jason

we had a prob with our axi eating the gravel so i got some big pebbels and now hes ever o happy.

A

adam

i cant but sand it has a under gravel filter i have put river pebbles no its hard to see him coz hes the same color as the pebbles

D

denise

go to the warehouse discount store and get riverbed pebbles in bags, you can get black, white or brown, i think the black ones would look great with your axie, if you dont have the warehouse then try whatever discount store you have in your area

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1