Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

HELP! My axie has some kind of infection

Maggietheweird

Reaction score
Yesterday, I changed Kevin's (my axolotl) water in his fridging container and he was absolutely fine as of 9 AM. By 9 PM, his left gills were completely fuzzy and back right leg had turned red and limp. I believe the gills are from a fungal infection, but I don't know what has caused the leg issue. It is now 10 AM, the fuzz has fallen off of his gills on its own, and I found a vet about an hour away that can treat him but they can't take him until tomorrow morning. What can I do for Kevin in the meantime and what is the likelihood of a good recovery? Thank you for any information/assistance that you can provide

Ps I have photos of him but I don't know how to post them with this thread, so I someone can tell me how to do that I can provide images

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 205

Caesar

Reaction score
Yesterday, I changed Kevin's (my axolotl) water in his fridging container and he was absolutely fine as of 9 AM. By 9 PM, his left gills were completely fuzzy and back right leg had turned red and limp. I believe the gills are from a fungal infection, but I don't know what has caused the leg issue. It is now 10 AM, the fuzz has fallen off of his gills on its own, and I found a vet about an hour away that can treat him but they can't take him until tomorrow morning. What can I do for Kevin in the meantime and what is the likelihood of a good recovery? Thank you for any information/assistance that you can provide

Ps I have photos of him but I don't know how to post them with this thread, so I someone can tell me how to do that I can provide images

Oh my! Is Kevin okay now? My axolotl had the same fuzz thing on his gills and it fell off when I fridged him. Maybe you can amputate his leg because he is probably young enough to regenerate it.. -but don't take my advice 100% I am not a doctor. :

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!