The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Old 10th June 2009   #1
Mike
(flan123)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: flan123 has shown reliable knowledgeflan123 has shown reliable knowledge
Default Buying live ghost shrimp

Hi!

Does anyone in the UK know where to buy live ghost shrimp online? I'm trying to find a couple to pop in the tank ready for Ron's arrival, so he can gobble them up but I can't seem to find any, anywhere!!

Help would be appreciated!

Cheers, Mike.

flan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009   #2
big a little a
Caudata.org Donor

Nationality:
Rep: big a little a is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgbig a little a is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgbig a little a is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgbig a little a is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgbig a little a is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgbig a little a is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Buying live ghost shrimp

Not seen ghost shrimp, but you can get cherry shrimp on ebay, which is sent next day delivery (around 20 for 15 I think).

The shrimp would need to be kept in a quarantine tank for 30 days though, prior to introducing to your axie tank, so you can keep an eye on them for parasites or unusual behavior or any other nasties.

Zoe x

Old 13th June 2009   #3
TheDoyel

Nationality:
Rep: TheDoyel has started on the right path

Also make sure that you feed them well before you put them in the tank with your axie, sometimes shrimp have been known to "pick" at a stationary animal when there isn't a lot of scavenging in the tank. An adult axie should be okay though. Cheers-

TheDoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2009   #4
Markw

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: Markw has given good advice and informationMarkw has given good advice and information

If I know anything about axies, they poo enough and are messy enough to keep some ghost shrimp busy for days. (that is, though, if ghost shrimp eat detritus, but I think they feed on algae?)

Mark

Markw is offline   Reply With Quote