John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Display Name
John Clare
This is how the "authority" on the site works. Caudata.org was founded by me, John Clare
Ireland.gif
, in 2001, egged on by Nate Nelson
United%20States.gif
- Nate and I both have "Founder" rank on the forum. Jennifer "Jennewt" Macke
United%20States.gif
has known both of us since the late 1990s and is probably the real powerhouse of Caudata.org (and Jen is Caudata Culture). Jen and I make most of the decisions on the site, though admittedly the buck stops with me. However when Jen says "jump!", I say "how high?".

The folks who do most of the hard work on the site are the moderators. As of July 1st these wonderful people are:

Last edited:
But the people who really make the site are all of you. We just control the chaos.

Just to add, I have had the pleasure of meeting most of the mods in one way or another and all are spectacular people! If you have a question, one of them is always glad to help you out in any way they can.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back