Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

What is the purpose of someone requesting you to be a friend?

taapua

Reaction score
Someone on the site has requested that I become their "friend". I am a real dinosaur at the technology thing and do not have any idea what the purpose of this is. Could someone please explain this. I don't mean to embarass the person but I don't have a clue and would like to know what this process is before committing. Silly me, I thought our mutual interest made us all friends.

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's just a way of letting other people know who you interact with, it doesn't really change the whole forum experience at all. If you want you could just tell people that this "friend" thing is for kids, or, you could click 'yes' and then never think about it again.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm more of a no-man myself. If someone attempts to "friend" me and I've never had any communication with them then that's a firm no. If someone attempts to "friend" me and all communication consisted of them just asking basic questions then that's a no too.

freves

Reaction score
Do not worry about feeling like a dinosaur Paul. I have been on this forum for a few years now and still have not taken the time to explore all of the features. I never realized that there was a friend status myself until someone ask me a while back. IMO it is fine for those that choose to use it but it feels a little too "myspace" or "facebook" for me.
Chip

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!