Maryland Axie lover

AuraCantos

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Jackie Blackwell
Thought I'd introduce myself. :)

My name is Jackie, and I live in the USA in Maryland. I've been looking at axolotls for a while now, and have finally worked up the nerve (and finances, lol) to consider purchasing one (or two). I find them absolutely interesting, and endearing, and would love to add them to the family. I currently have two dogs (a lab/chow mix and a rottie/lab mix), a cat, four pet fancy dumbo rats, a ferret, and FIVE running fishtanks (2g cherry shrimp tank, 5g hex tank of community fish, 17g Nature Tank with some neons/cardinals in it, 90g goldfish tank, 90g saltwater reef/fish tank). Whew, that was alot to type. >_<

Any tips, tricks, trades, or suggestions for a soon-to-be-first-time Axie owner would be greatly appreciated! I'm not looking for a large set-up. Maybe a ten or fifteen gallon tank, with one or two axies in it. Something simple, easy.

Thanks alot!

Hey, welcome! Where in Maryland are you? I'm in PG county.

Hello Axie lover. I am new to this forum and I keep 7 axolotls. Keep them healthy with lots of water changes.

CY

Oh, wow! I live in PG County, too, Will! Very near Hyattsville, if you know where that is. :) More into Mount Rainier, but I can literally throw a stone into Hyattsville.

And thanks for the tip, chipstone. :)

Ah! Not too far away. :) Are you an axie keeper?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back