The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Sick Axolotl? Axolotl looking down in the gills? The doctors are in.

Old 19th February 2007   #1
morrissey

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Hi!

since the poor Emily came to my house, I'm spending a lot of time to treat her better and feed her a lot, now she's back to normal weight, no longer the skinny one.
However, I noticed that her skin color has been changed. She used to be much darker but now she turns a bit pale, and the most strange thing's that she got some white spots/areas on her body, head, I'm sure it's not fungus as it's part of her skin color...but I don't know why...do you have any ideas? Will it be disease?
Click the image to open in full size.

Old 20th February 2007   #2
stephanie

Gallery Images:
Comments:

it could be white spot. this was never thought to really get to axies but my first one sadly and not to be alarming died of it

RIP Nymph

Old 20th February 2007   #3
kapo
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: kapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

thing is you can't treat it with many fish medicines in case it kills her.

You could try the salt bath method in case it is fungal related, which may have been bought on by stress through temperature and egg laying - just a thought!

What is your tank temperature?

kapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2007   #4
jennifer

Gallery Images:
Comments:

It's hard to say from a photo, but to me it looks like a change in pigmentation of the skin. However, I've never seen this before, I have no explanation for it.

Tags
color, emily's, skin, spots, strange, white

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 7 (Set)

Erzs, FrankSar, MayaShion, NPerota, paulgreg12, Rammoth