The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Old 5th December 2004   #1
andré

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Hi !
My name's André, im from portugal, and i've just started learning about axolotls... Here in portugal axolotls are not that famous lol actually... I dont know anyone who had ever heard anything about them.. no one knows what they are...

My sister works in an aquarium and I asked her to get me 2 axies... The thing is, they're still small, they're babies, and I was wondering if there is any problem, any cautions I should have while bringing them, at what size can I bring them, etc... :P

Srry about the bad english... =P Thx 4 reading

Old 12th December 2004   #2
brendan

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Hello Andre

I recently got myself 3 baby axies. I got them from my local pet store which is located about 5 minutes away. When i got them home and the tank set up and everythin i noticed (as a normal thing) that the axies where a little bit streessed due to the move. But after a while they got used to it and are happily enjpying their new home.

Old 13th December 2004   #3
dot

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: dot has shown reliable knowledge

Hey guys --

Definitely check out caudata.org's sister site:

http://axolotl.org

It's got a lot of good information regarding the keeping of axolotls.

dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2004   #4
Jan
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Jan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Hello, I am very excited as someone has offered to give me two babies! The problem is they have to be sent via animal courier and she needs me to tell her how to pack them.Can anyone advise please, thankyou.

Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2004   #5
jenny

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Im not sure if they will do such a small order but you could try Involvement Packaging on 01386554441 they have air tight bucket type packaging that would be good for sending of axolotls

Old 29th December 2004   #6
eric

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Just putting them in a plastic bag and putting that bag inside a polystyrene box should be fine.

Old 29th December 2004   #7
mik

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Eric's suggestion is just fine, just make sure to tie the bag and trap plenty of air inside too.

Remember to transfer them to a cycled aquarium with no other inmates.

Best of Luck Andre

Tags
axie, baby, moving

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 7 (Set)

berigora, bmp1976, CurlyJo, jacquie09, jburns2422, Mevv, RyanUk