The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

Old 3rd May 2012   #1
ignatz

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: ignatz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello from the high dry and almost caudate-less desert

Hi - I'm mostly an in situ conservation guy based in New Mexico - I'm presently working on two caudate related projects: I build wetlands and improve cattle tanks to make them better amphibian habitat, and have just embarked on a project to ascertain the conservation status of Ambystoma mavortium in the state. A BIG problem here is that larvae of several subspecies are sold as bait ("waterdogs"), and either escape or are released, where they're suspected of spreading disease, including Bd and iridoviruses, and where they genetically "pollute" local populations. I'm interested in communicating with anybody interested in either set of issues. If you've built a successful wetland habitat for amphibians anywhere in the world, I'm all ears and eyes!

I'm also the regional chair of the North American Native Fish Association...if I'm allowed to even mention that on a caudate-centric site...

ignatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012   #2
Julia
(bellabelloo)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11
Default Re: Hello from the high dry and almost caudate-less desert

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to reading more about what you do

bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012   #3
nai live
(xxianxx)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 4
Comments: 7
Rep: xxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: Hello from the high dry and almost caudate-less desert

Welcome to the forum. I would be interested in how you go about setting up a wetland, i hope you feel fit to start a thread about it .