Habitat size for tigers?

Karayna

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I'm getting two young barred tigers (A. mavortium mavortium) in a couple of months. They're just eggs now! What size of tank/terrarium do you recommend (length x width)? I was thinking 80 cm x 35 cm (31.5 x 13.77 inches), would that suffice for two, or should I get a larger one? I know they can grow to 30 cm's/1 ft.

Hi there! we want to see pics when you get them!! but meanwhile you should read up on them. Id assume the little guys would be fine in a 10 gallon terrarium all the way to adulthood if your only going to have 2 of them. Heres some reads for you!

Caudata Culture Species Entry - Tiger salamander
Barred Tiger Salamander
Tiger Salamander Care Sheet

Thank you so much for the links! I will definitely post pics when the little guys have arrived! Can't wait. I currently own three axolotls, and those got me interested in tiger sals! :)

I've met the parents of my babies to be - they looked healthy (so did the rest of the family)! :)

A 10 gallon is fine for when they're tiny. But is definitely too small for two adults. I have one adult in a 20 gal long.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back