Letting my Red Eft's choose!

A

alberto

A while back I decided to do a little experiment. To find out what would my Red Eft's prefer for a hiding and resting place. So I set aside a small area with natural tree bark, another small area with sphagnum moss and another small area with fake plants for about 5 days and they all choose the natural tree bark and even the fake plants over the sphagnum moss!
Maybe some one else will find my little experiment of interest!
talker.gif

This may be due to the fact that some sphagnum mosses are acidic and can create an environment which is less than hospitable and unacceptable for the animal.

I agree with you Jan and sadly the very sphagnum moss that I use for my little experiment is the same kind that most people use for their newts and salamanders!
sad.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back