Where to find earthworms?

hunterwho

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
hunterwho
Hey! I just recently got a baby 'lotl from a local reptile expo, and so far he's been doing fine (besides being really skinny, which is why I came here). I was provided with a lot of sinking carnivore pellets as a stable diet, but I've heard that earthworms/nightcrawlers are a good diet as well. I want to get him some worms, but I don't know where to find any in the middle of winter in Chicago. I've heard people say the ones from bait shops aren't healthy and might make him sick, but I just want to give him some food he'll enjoy. Any suggestions?

Pet stores are also a fantastic resource. If you choose to buy from a bait shop, just ask for the freshest ones and make sure they are Canadian Nightcrawlers, NOT dyed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back