breeding frogs for tadpoles?

Question: Could i catch wild tad poles at my pond (live on a farm so its safe) and feed to my axie?

If you definitely want to give internal parasites to your axolotl, go ahead.

i think your best bet would be golden bell frogs if you have access to them where you come from
im currently breeding them for the same reason and if fed 2-3 times a day they can reach a max of aprox 5cm before they start growing legs and morphing into frogs.
theyre also rather easy to care for when i was younger i had aprox 15 of them i a tank and not long after there were a good 3-400 tadpoles in there aswell that i ended up just selling to a pet store az didnt hav room for all of them when they were tadpoles letalone after they mophed
and now am starting to breed them again , started a few weeks ago with 7 tadpoles fed 2 to my axie and left the others in the tank.
the bigest 1 just started growing front legs so will be a frog sune and im sure the others will sune follow
hope that helps

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back