The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) A dedicated topic for those seeking help with Axolotls, showing off your photos, or just to talk about them.

Old 1 Week Ago   #1
honeydew

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: honeydew is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No poop in over a week?

Hi all! I usually feed my axolotl (a bit over 7 inches long) 1 nightcrawler every 2-3 days. 8 days ago I accidentally fed him two (donít ask how lol, stupidity) and ever since then he hasnít pooped. His behavior seems to be normal- he floats sometimes but can go to the tank floor if he wants, he shows no physical signs of stress and he definitely still has an appetite. Iíve been trying to avoid feeding him since then but he nips at the air when I come close and I caved and gave him a small amount of frozen bloodworms yesterday which he ate with no problem. Am I worrying too much or should I take action? I donít want to stress him out by fridging him when he doesnít seem bothered, but I wanna make sure heís safe!

honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #2
honeydew

Nationality:
Default Re: No poop in over a week?

Sorry for double-posting but I realized thereís some stuff I should clarify- his tank is bare-bottom so no issue with gravel or sand, and I doubt heís been eating it because heís handfed and Iíve never seen him go longer than 4 days without it showing up. Iíve also been checking under all his hides and such and thereís no signs of walked-through poo.

Old 1 Week Ago   #3
honeydew

Nationality:
Default Re: No poop in over a week?

Well, it took 10 days but he finally pooped. I was seriously about to start crying over my axolotlís **** LOL...

Tags
axolotl, constipation, impaction, not pooping, overfed