Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axolotls of Chezzetcook

V

veronica

Hey Everyone!
My name is Vern, and these are my two new friends...Neptune & Neville

27937.jpg

Neptune has been here a few weeks, and I found out that there was another one available, so I went and scooped it up so they wouldn't be lonely.

This is their tank for the time being. Its a platic 20gal
27938.jpg

They have a 20 gal long, currently occupied by my Red Bellies, waiting for when they get bigger. I'm looking for a 66gal long for the Piranha when they get bigger...

G

garrison

Hey Vern,
How long have you had your tank setup? The water looks a little cloudy and remarkably similar to one that is currently being cycled(which can be very stressful for any inhabitants). Either way I'd be doing some water changes until that clears up.

Other than that, cute axies
happy.gif

V

veronica

I just finished a water change when i took that, so it was a little cloudy. it's been set up about 5 weeks, had some danios in it for a couple weeks, before the 1st axie arrived, it was going to be for a black piranha. But, i fell in love with this little guy instead. I did end up getting a baby black p, but he is so small he's chillin in a 5.5gal for now, with more than enough space.

we did some shuffling when the new piranha tank arrived and now I have a 27 gal hex tank i might put them in that the p's came out of, it's got a little more space in it, even if i only fill it partially (it's a tall tank, but the base is bigger than the one their in)..We'll see. They don't seem to be stressed, and the water cleared up by this morning, as it always does.

I am happy to have found this forum, lots of good stuff, keep it coming. I look forward to seeing more of everyone else's little friends as well!

K

kim

Hi vern welcome!!

Yeah as others have said very cute axies!

Any questions feel free to ask us!

God luck with them!

V

veronica

Yeah, I think they're the greatest things to look at, and I'm starting to think they think the same of me. They always come check out what i'm doing when i'm in my room... it's great.
smile.gif

V

veronica

New pics of Neptune and Neville. They've moved into the living room, in a 20gal with a view of the whole house.
28622.jpg

28623.jpg

28624.jpg

28625.jpg

D

danny

black tips on their toes means they are of breeding age right?

M

mik

black tips to the toes is due t a build of a chemical called keritinase...it's normal but is often taken to indicate mature enough to breed.

C

carl

very cute axies do they not swallow the little stones on the bottom?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!