The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

Old 28th October 2017   #1
axolittle
(Jessdino)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Jessdino has shown reliable knowledge
Exclamation My axolotl laid eggs unplanned

Iíve only had my axolotls since April and had no idea I had a male and female until today. Stormfly laid about 100 eggs and thereís obvious spermatophore at the bottom of the tank. I moved as many of the eggs as I could into a separate 5 gallon tank but Iím not sure what to do now. How do I know if they are fertile? Do I need to clean out the spermatophores? Should I separate my axolotls now? This is all pretty new to me and was a total accident and now Iím not sure what to do! Help!!!!

Jessdino is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axololt, baby axolotl, breeding, eggs, eggs axolotl