Helloooo!!!!!

MrsAJ

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all,

So I’m a 40-something Aussie mum with 2 gorgeous kidlets. Back in early January we welcomed a new family member, in the shape of an axolotl named Toothless ?

He was only about 20-11cm when we bought him and he’s now sitting on 16cm after just 7wks!!!! He’s actually my son’s, who will be 11 this year, but I’m absolutely smitten with him after wanting one since I was about 17!!!

So proud to have managed through some hot & humid Sydney weather - best I could keep the tank at was 24 degrees, until we got some fans, which bought it down to 22-23. Happier to have some cooler weather now though so I can stop watching the thermometer!

If I knew how to add a photo, I would...

Looking forward to sharing our journey with you all!!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back