Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Red eft light fixture?

TJ

Reaction score
I have two questions.
1.) Do efts need a light bulb fixture?
2.) How can I keep them at good room temperature on hot days?

C

christopher

well I donot think that efts need!!!!! light but im am not sure??......but the best way that I have found keeping newts cool during the summer is adding a cold frozen water bottle filled with ice cold or frozen water....hope I could help...good luck...
happy.gif

C

christopher

oh and I also have to start preparing for summer so this weekend I have to empty out all my newt and frog tanks and move them to our basement...
lame.gif
....well this is the risk you take I guess for having such amazing critters...
happy.gif

J

joan

Chris, if you're not sure of something, there's really no need to post that you don't know.

Tim, efts do not need lights. In this stage of their life, they prefer to hide under the leaf litter.

To keep things cool, you can keep a frozen water bottle in the tank, blow a fan over the tank, move it to a lower surface, or move it to the basement. Or do like hardcore keepers and get an air conditioner for your newt room.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!