New Caudata.org Logo

Elektra says that those two gigantic newts on the right could be smaller, and a picture of her could easily be inserted. Also, I think Jen was on to something about making them all a bit more appropriately sized in relation to each other. Now every time I look at it I think about the disproportionate sizes. But aren't you sick of all these nitpicky opinions already?
I changed the sizes 2 days ago after Jen commented. Those 4 salamanders are sized roughly proportional to one another since then.

Oh, sorry. The Tiger Sal larva looks tiny to me, I thought they were really big.

Alright, the orally-challenged texanum is gone now.

Last edited:
Actually it's a nice mix now - Salamandrid, Ambystomatid, Sirenid, Plethodontid.

Looks good tho im not sure on the Plethodontid back end bit, tho it looks good other then that.

I'll work on the "back end bit".

How about those apples?

:rofl: hahaha Slinky-mander.

Oh, wait - you didn't mean it seriously, did you?

Is there no head-on picture so that one animal is looking directly at us? The trees etc. can then be the fill on the top right.

-Eva

No, there isn't. a head on salamander. All I've done is fill in the bodies of the Plethodon and the Siren.

Hm. Well, how about an axolotl-smiley? Lots of those (and it would please the peanut gallery).

I am not trying to insist; it's intended as brainstorming.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back