Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Illness/Sickness: I Think my axi has a gill fungus HELP!

MatDhyne

Reaction score
Hello I have a golden albino that i think has a gill fungus, im not sure though if you guys could please help me! He seems to be acting normal though and eating. I took some pictures because im not sure.

Attachments

• IMG_6049.jpg
    IMG_6049.jpg
    493.6 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_6048.jpg
    IMG_6048.jpg
    789.3 KB · Views: 184

Jessdino

Reaction score
I'm not seeing anything on the gills that looks like it could be fungus. Fungus is often fuzzy looking. Is there a better picture, or can you describe what you're worried about in the photos?

headFeed

Reaction score
Fungus is fluffy and usually grows between or on the red fluffy parts of the gills, this axy just looks like it has very shiny gill tips, like whats on it's fingers. If the fungus is just so small we can't see it in the picture, it's sure to go away on its own. Just keep the tank clean and it'll be fine. Maybe share a close up picture of the gills since it's hard to tell from these images alone.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!