The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate Discussions on tanks, temperature, filters, gravel, lights etc.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
Jami

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Jami is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Am I at the end of the nitrogen cycle?

Hi, I recently tested my tank and noticed the cycle in my tank was off. I only had nitrite in the tank and no ammonia or nitrate. Just to be safe I took my axolotl out and moved him to a temporary tank. The nitrite started at 1 and is now 1.5, I also now have 20 ppm of nitrate. I am getting some plants today for the tank as well to hopefully help with the cycle. I am new to the whole tank cycling thing and just want to make sure that I am on the right track. Thank you!

Jami is offline   Reply With Quote