Illness/Sickness: Axolotl swimming a lot

willk7

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've had my axie for a little over 2 weeks and I noticed that he is swimming around a lot more than usual. Could this be a health issue and if so how do I help him?

I have a:
20 gallon long tank
20 gallon filter
20 gallon air pump

All my water parameters seem to be ok

I've had my axie for a little over 2 weeks and I noticed that he is swimming around a lot more than usual. Could this be a health issue and if so how do I help him?

I have a:
20 gallon long tank
20 gallon filter
20 gallon air pump

All my water parameters seem to be ok

How much is a lot....what would you consider a normal amount of swimming, and how much has he gone beyond it? Also, HOW is he swimming? Is he just kind of swimming about, is he zipping like he is trying to get away from something and bumping in to the walls and such?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back