The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Bombinatoridae: Fire-bellied toads Discuss these lively little toads here.

Old 6 Days Ago   #1
FroggoChicken

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: FroggoChicken is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 6 gallon ok for a FBT?

Hey everyone! I have a question involving Fire Belly Tosds. So I have a 6 gallon tank that is currently empty and I was wondering if itís pissible to keep a FBT in it. I was thinking of sloping some black sand/gravel to make 2/3 land and 1/3 water. I would put some anubias plants and a moss ball at the bottom as well as some floating duckweed or frogweed. I have a nice piece of mopani driftwood that I would submerge part way into the water and some java moss that I would put along the ďshoreĒ into the water. The water would be filtered with a sponge filter. On land I would do ecoearth/coco fiber planted with some philodendron and maybe some ferns or palms, plus a hiding cave. Im pretty sure they donít need a heat source and it would always be about 70-75 F* in the tank, and I would have the typical fluorescent lighting if that sounds ok. I have another frog and we
always go to the pet store weekly for crickets or mealworms, plus I already have calcium powder. I already have all of the supplies needed for this setup, I would just need to get the toad(s)! Is this setup ok for 1 (or maybe 2???) fire belly toad? Please let me know!

FroggoChicken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #2
FroggoChicken

Nationality:
Default Re: 6 gallon ok for a FBT?

Iíd really appreciate a reply as Iíve seen so much conflicting information on the Internet. Anyone? Iím happy to have any advice!

Old 3 Days Ago   #3
FroggoChicken

Nationality:

As a new member I am highly disappointed that despite the fact that my thread has been seen by others, there are still no replies. I joined this whole forum to ask this one specific question I have and it has gotten no attention, even though I bumped it up and am now doing so again. I would really appreciate it if you could take a minute or two to answer the question and help me out. Thanks.

Old 3 Days Ago   #4
Chris D.
(Griffin8891)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 12
Comments: 2
Rep: Griffin8891 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just because someone reads your question doesn't mean they're obligated to answer. If someone isn't confident in addressing your question, it is better leave it and wait for someone else to give a better answer.

That being said, I have cared for firebellies in the past. I'd say what you're describing sounds fine for one individual. I would not put two or more in a 6 gal though.

Griffin8891 is offline   Reply With Quote