They have finally arrived!!

timwhyatt

Reaction score
Country
France
Hey!!
So i have finally got my little guys!!
i did originally ask for one but he arrived at the shop with a mate.
Very small and skinny looking axie and with a very small left front leg!! I had to take him too!!
Two Blond axolotls Named Indie and Lego, they had a very stressful and warm journey in which i wasnt happy about but they seemed ok, i let them settle over night and i have tried to feed them today with great success!!!!
Indie ate straight away and Lego took a bit of time but ate. this made me smile, (very worried as he was floating around a bit lifeless.... thought it might be to stress...?? any thoughts??)
The Temp is up at 20/21 i know thats warm but iv done a little water change and its come down a bit.... its cooler than when i got them from the shop!!!
Would like to hear some more tricks on cooling tanks down!
Thank you in advance for all your help and advice
This is an awesome forum!!! i will be posting photos soon!!!!

Hi, I can't wait to see photos of your axolotls.
Mine was very stressed the first day I got him. He shot straight down to the bottom of the tank and stuck his head between two rocks. He didn't move until the next day. They just need time to adjust and they should be fine. :happy:

I've been keeping my tank cool with an aquarium fan. There's all sorts of aquarium fans you can buy online, or even use a desk fan. There's also plenty of other methods to keep a tank cool, they're all posted on the Caudata Culture website. Caudata Culture Articles - Cooling
It's well worth a read, there's some great information on there.
:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back