Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

"WaterDog" Morph Pics

J

jess

Does anyone have pics of the morphing of their tiger salamander larva??

I know that there is no set time limit on morphing but for example what does the tail fin shrinking look like exactly?

Yes, I am completely new to this as Hagrid was suppose to be an Axololt, but then his gills started shrinking but have stopped. He has stopped eating for the past 2 weeks.

Tank Parameters:
Non cycled tank so placed him in a smaller cycled tank.
Both Nitrates and Nitrites are normal and so is ammoina
Temp is at 20 C.

And how long is it going to take for this other 10 gallon to cycle...errr.

Thank you in advance

R

riley

Are you sure "he" is not an Axolotl?They can metamorphis also.I have had it happen a couple of times. Gills shrink,eyes bulge and tail turns more round in cross-section.

J

jess

I was told when I went back to the pet store that he was wild caught in west texas, so yes I am going to say he is not an axololt.

He is not doing much changing anymore....however, he is FINALLY eating and boy is he a pig...he ate like 5 redworms last night.

Plus the tank is cycled I believe and I got a cannister filter a zoomed 501 turtle something and he loves it...never hides anymore...must have been stress.

thanks for the responses

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!