Triturus vittatus ophryticus PROBLEMS

R

rubén

I heard that several people have problems with the caresheets of adults Triturus vittatus ophryticus after breeding period. I think that conditions were optimal ( correct humidity, not warm temperatures... ). I have never had problems, until now, with this species because are young animals ( them eat a lot ) but I would like to know if I would have some problems with adults animals. Some of these newts keepers has told me that this problem of "sudden death" ( without apparent cause ) is specially frequent between males, and always in terrestrial phase.
Maybe the adults of this species is particularly exigent in some aspect, because I didn't heard this kind of problems, for example, with Triturus vittatus vittatus ( a more resistant newt perhaps ).

If someone have any idea or experience about this... Thank you

Hi Mike_

so... therefore the problem would be

easier . Maybe you have reason. If the cause is

an excess of humidity in the setups, this is not

a problem here in Spain, he he he...

Anyway I observed in my juvies ophryticus how

did they like to remain in dry points for a long

time ( this behavior is similar as Triturus

pygmaeus )

Thank you Mike

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back