The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Tree Frogs Tree frogs of all kinds should be discussed here.

Old 20th September 2007   #1
flutterbilady

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: flutterbilady has started on the right path
Question Sick Whites Tree frog

Please help my new baby is sick. I just got him/her a week ago. At the time it didn't have any mark or discoloration on it. I saw yesterday he ( his name is Freaky Frog) had a reddish spot on his back just behind his left ear. This morning it is slimy looking and puffy. This afternoon it's on both sides red/brown in color and bumpy. If you need pics i can get them. Someone please help my boy. I had him in w/my other white, she has never had a problem other than being a brown green from day one. The hab is clean w/filtered water, substrate and soil, and w/live plants.

flutterbilady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2007   #2
Jennewt
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11

You say that you "had him" with the other frog - have you separated them? That is the first thing I would recommend - quarantine. All newly-acquired animals need a quarantine period so they don't infect established animals. It's not uncommon for new animals to arrive with diseases, or become ill due to stress from the wholesale/retail process.

I'm sorry, but I don't have any advice on treatment. You should try to find a vet that treats exotics.

Old 21st September 2007   #3
flutterbilady

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: flutterbilady has started on the right path

I removed him as soon as i saw the "infection". Baby (my female) has never had any problems so I moved him this morning. Freaky was w/other frogs when I got him. Prior to getting him I watched him at the store for a week. He was in a tank w/other Whites and all looked healthy.

flutterbilady is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frog, sick, tree, whites