Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Very usual... but nevertheless different, aren't they?

J

j.

Hello there...
Just a few photos of my 2 male Russian Bombina Orientalis... Bought them on January this year, they never had any problems, just as expected. The water is a bit reddish, because of the wood...
Hope you like...
85ef02f3.jpg

7a27b0dc-1.jpg

7a27b0dc.jpg

PB260018.jpg

S

sergé

Hi Miranda,

why do you use such a high level of water? Bombina are much more easy in low water levels; around 5 cm is perfectly okay for them.

Nice animals though.

Sergé

J

joao

I use to had them in aquaterrariums with a very lower level of water, and then in a wet terrarium, with a bowl of water.
Now I've tried this, and they seem prefer it than the others I used before, and they usually swim to the bottom and stay some time there.
Since it is no issue to them, I'll stay with this model of aqua-terrarium.

Thanks for the compliments...

---João

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1