T. verrucosus update

E

ester

Of the 10 larvae/morphs that I bought 3 are thriving. The other 7 all died due to refusal to eat consistently (they morphed rather small).
The aquatic ones are voracious and have never given any indication that they want to leave the water. They're eating every scrap of worm that I throw in with them.
They now live in my classroom at school where they look at me hopefully every time I walk in
happy.gif

Their aquarium is placed in the windowsill on the north side of the building.

I'm sorry to hear that so many did not do well. T. verrucosus can be so hardy sometimes, and yet so tricky. If they ever begin to get thin, they seem to become anorexic. I found them very frustrating. Best of luck with the remaining threesome!

Pushing 9 cm and demanding food twice a day!
45257.jpg

This is the biggest of my 3 verrucosus, the other two are 7 and 8 cm. Insatiable is the word.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back