Paramesotriton hongkongensis practising

The link has too many http's. Here is proper one - a nice movie with monique's courting pair!
beb68525-ea26-4f19-b500-978fd6288d7a.mp4 video by momoswords - Photobucket

Thanks for uploading! Hongkongensis are my favourite Paramesotriton. I am raising this years' juveniles of this species, which i recieved from jef.
How did you manage to raise them to such big size in such short time? Everywhere i can read that Paramesotriton juveniles are growing very slowly.

Janusz, thanks for fixing my post! And yes, the paramesotritons are growing very slowly. The biggest juveniles,/subadults are 13 cm and i think the smallest one is about 9 or 10 cm. I don't know if that is big? When they were small juveniles (the first year) they mostly ate tubifex and bloodworms on a wet tissue. But i fed them often twice a day, in the morning and in the evening.
The second year little crickets, fruitflies, waxworms, and earthworms and sometimes tubifex. And now mainly earthworms, once a day.

one of the females
P1030944.jpg

Nice video.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back