Gravidly or disease ? Pachytriton labiatus.

lerdchai

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
According to this link..
http://www.caudata.org/forum/f46-beginner-newt-salamander-axolotl-help-topics/f47-newt-salamander-help/73254-pls-sexing-my-3-pachytriton-labiatus.html

for this week I noticed the female get bigger abdomen ,I not sure she's ill or gravid.
I got 3 Pachytriton labiatus and kept them in same tank 5 weeks ago and kept them altogether for around 2 week but male show his aggressive,so I separate each for 1 week and tried to introduced male in female's tank again,for this time[2nd time] they did not shown their aggressive,but I not sure because the male are very aggressive,I separated each again until last week I introduced male to female's tank again[3rd time] and have kept them in same tanks until I notice the female get bigger her abdomen.

DSC00409.jpg

DSC00408.jpg

DSC00406.jpg

This doesn't look like any bloating illness, as the chest and throat aren't swollen. She may well be gravid - make sure you provide cave-like structures (an upturned flowerpot with a door cut into it works well, or a pile of rocks) for the female to lay in if she does breed. Also, keep watching for aggression as it can sometimes flare up with little warning.

Good luck

C

Thx a lot,now I put 2 ; 6"flowerpots with cutting door for her , male and female still live together without aggressive.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back