New Member from FL

SunnyFox

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone!

I am a new member joining from Florida's Space Coast.

I was first introduced to these amazing animals in late summer of 2017 during a trip to northern GA. (it was during a hurricane evacuation actually) Ever since then I have been slowly learning about them. After lurking for a long time I decided it was time to be official.

I am interested in having a salamander or two. I'm considering marbled or spotted. And the Axolotls are truly incredible! I'm not sure I want a fully aquatic tank or else I would have one of those in a heartbeat!!
As a side note we have leopard geckos. As such I have a large colony of superworms and a smaller colony of mealworms to feed them. I'm hoping to use those as a food source. If I'm totally of base let me know.

I'm excited to continue learning about these creatures and begin working on my setup (or setups). Looking forward to meeting everyone and hopefully benefiting from all your experience!

Welcome to the forum! There are so many types of salamanders/newts out there, you could be hooked for life!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back