Newts and live plants

B

barbara

I read that newts cannot ingest anything vegetable. Does this mean live plants in the tank are a no-no?

Thanks

No live plants in the tank are a " Yes-yes". They will help your tank. And yes newts aren't veggies. Though They don't go around tasting the plants..

~John

Dont worry, they will pass those Plant out undigested. No harm. I witnessed it.

But in most cases, they wont eat the plants anyway. My newts ate it because there were some eggs attached and they wanted the eggs.

Plant matter in the digestive tracts of various aquatic caudates is pretty well documented but it is the result of accidental ingestion along with a food item.

Ed

Yes they don't go around trying to eat something they can't diegest..

~John

You WANT plants in your tank!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back