Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Juvenile axolotl with black patches on feet

13kayrose

Reaction score
Hi there,

My juvenile axolotl is 10 weeks old and I’ve just noticed he has developed black patches on his back feet/legs. He is in a (very big) tub at the moment while his tank of finishing cycling, and I’ve been doing daily dechlorinated water changes and I’m feeding him live blackworm that I cut up small

I’m hoping this is just natural colouration as he does seem to have a few black freckles too so might be a dirty Lucy.

However, I have read about a disease called foot rot and I’m praying it’s nothing like that.

I’ll attach an image (I’ve just fed him so he looks a bit fat), also just hoping he looks in good health generally?

https://www.caudata.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=55972&stc=1&d=1568477092

Attachments

• 4883FF88-8B30-47E5-8F48-87DB7703E6C5.jpeg
    4883FF88-8B30-47E5-8F48-87DB7703E6C5.jpeg
    373.8 KB · Views: 330

Mikeksba

Reaction score
Could it be dirt and particles built up from the bottom of the bare tank? For a while I had my young lucy in a bare bottom and got worried cus I saw something similar, but was relieved when it came off and I discovered it was just dirty and just sticking to the only thing it could.

Hayleyy

Reaction score
How is it going? I don't think it's anything to worry about since it usually does happen as they age, unless you notice other signs of sickness.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!