Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Skin problems on a Bufo debilis individual???

thomas

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I bought a group of Bufo debilis (four individuals) a few days ago and discovered a small change in the skin of one of the individuals...(and not the rest of the group).

"Problem" One:
There is a white part of skin on the top right side of the animal. It looks like lost skin but I do not know if it is that or a sickness (se picture)???

"Problem" Two:
The legs also have pink/dark areas of change skin (take a look at the pictures). Is this normal?

Question:
I wonder what these "problems" are and they are severe health problems or just normal safe changes?

Question:
If they are considered as sickness, how do I cure them?

(I am sorry for the unfocus in the pictures but I can not get it better....)

Please let me know if you have any answers or solutions to my health questions!!!! I am grateful to any answer otherwise I have to to put the "sick" individual to death...

Sincerely
Thomas

69481.jpg

69482.jpg

69483.jpg

69484.jpg

(Message edited by jennewt on August 27, 2006)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1