Alytes muletensis

S

sergé

I am seeking contact with other keepers for sharing experiences.

Well, since amphibiaweb has this information:
"Alytes muletensis is among the most important species in Europe from a conservation viewpoint. The small occupied area, the low number of adults (between 500 and 1500 pairs in all, according to various estimates) and the evidence of a formerly much larger range - all bring this species to the highest rank in the list of animals deserving special protective measures. In fact, state and regional laws have forbidden the capture, keeping or killing of this species since 1980. Listed on the Red Data Book of Spanish Vertebrates as endangered, the species' rarity has also been acknowledged by all international conservation agreements signed by Spain.", it makes sense that few if any on the forums would keep these. You might try to contact Henk Wallays from Belgium. I think that he concentrates on Urodela and Gymnophiona, but he might know someone who is working in the captive breeding program or something. Good luck- it sounds as if captive breeding is the last gasp hope for these toads.

Hi Sergé,

Since several years I plan to get this species, but up to now without real success.
Last weekend a friend gave me a new contact, so I hope to get some tadpoles still this year.

Lets´s stay in contact

Michael

P.S.
Do you know the article in DRACO?

Hi Sergé,

I don´t keep this species, but I know the person who is in charge of the conservation programm in Germany. Please e-mail me duamger@yahoo.de

See you

Uwe

Dear all,

thanks, I got some tadpoles last year, which have now metamorphosed and do perfectly fine. They are with german papers.
I'll get in touch with you Uwe and I'll try purchase the DRACO article.

Sergé

Hello Sergé,

Is a jpeg ok?
If so I´ll send you the article by email.

Michael

Dear Michael,

yes please, I'll send you a private message with my e-mail dress (so I can directly print it ;-)

Sergé

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back