The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Crocodile Newts (Tylototriton & Echinotriton)... Two popular genera of Asian newts, the crocodile newts are diverse of habit, habitat, and appearance. The Mandarin or Emperor Newt, Tylototriton shanjing, is highly sought after.

Old 20th September 2002   #1
raoul

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Re:Shedding, the male does not seem to be suffering from a fungal infection after all. I have put him in quarantine none the less, he still refuses to eat. I have fed them by hand (or tweezers) from the start, what other options are there for him as he has not visibly eaten now for some weeks.

Old 20th September 2002   #2
john

Gallery Images:
Comments:

What are you feeding them?

Old 20th September 2002   #3
raoul

Gallery Images:
Comments:

at the moment earthworms,mealworms,crickets and v.small slugs. All are eaten readily by the girls but the male visibly runs away from food. I thoght that maybe he is just scared of me, if I leave any of the above foodstuffs in the water for a few hours will it compromise the water quality ?

Old 20th September 2002   #4
macbean

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Randy's eaten an earthworm, the relief is quite unbearable. I will keep you posted

Old 21st September 2002   #5
john

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Keep at it. Probably wouldn't hurt to do a complete water change and keep them at about 21 degrees C. Good luck.

Old 24th September 2002   #6
raoul

Gallery Images:
Comments:

thanks for your encouragement, Randy has eaten another earthworm (the first one he ate was only partly eaten , he threw some of it back up a few days later).This one looks like its stayed in. I have to say that if it hadn't been for the fantastic health of my fire salamanders I think these last few weeks would have had me doubting whether I could keep anything.

Tags
eat, male, refusing

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 27th November 2019, 08:24 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.