The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Tree Frogs Tree frogs of all kinds should be discussed here.

Old 3rd March 2007   #1
nathanael

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I have a female White's Treefrog that I recently bought from an online supplier that has a mouth injury which I've been putting Neosporin on daily, it doesn't seem to be infected, but also on its rear it has a wart/blister that has an dark red colour. I've been putting Neosporin on this too but I'm kind of worried about it. Does anyone know what this might be and what a remedy would be? Thanks!

Old 4th March 2007   #2
jamie

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I would assume just from rubbing and thrashing during delivery, but the wart on the but I'm not sure on. It may also be a more serious injury

Old 4th March 2007   #3
kara

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I would be in contact with the supplier, if the are reputable, ou may be able to get some answers. If the neosporin does not work, antibiotics may be needed. I had a wonderful vet for my whites treefrogs, and one that I had purchased became ill right after i brought him home,he had been injected with antibiotics in his abdomen. The infection cleared up, and the frog is STILL alive, theyre all 3 years old now and have reproduced a couple times. Don't give up home!
Also, if he is not the only frog in it's setup, I suggest moving him to a quarantine enclosure, as to not spread whatever malady your frog has. Keep him clean, no stress with lots of fresh water, and make sure he is still eating!

Old 4th March 2007   #4
nathanael

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Yeah thanks. Its pretty active and seems to be getting better somewhat. I'll just keep caring for it till the end. She hasn't been eating on her own, so I've had to not quite force feed her, but definitely help her to eat (i.e. try to get her mouth to open with the injury which probably really painful).

Tags
injury, treefrog, white's

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 12th December 2019, 18:51 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.