Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Book signing/meet and greet: the honorable Dr. Robert Stebbins

bewilderbeast

Reaction score
So for those of you in Northern California, Robert Stebbins, professor emeritus of Zoology at UC Berkeley and author and illustrator of several mainstays of American herpetological literature including Peterson's field guide to Western Reptile and Amphibians among others, will be having a book signing and art sale next Wednsday at the Boneroom in Berkeley...

I don't mean to seem morbid, but this may be the last time you get a chance to meet this man, as he is quite elderly. He was in his mid eighties when he published the revised edition of the peterson's guide and that was about 6 years ago.

I have a stack of his books I hope to have signed and as an illustrator/naturalist myself, he is probably the closest thing I have to a hero aside from my own father (and I've yet to even shake his hand). :grin:

Oh, and it should be an interesting collection of herpetologically inclined personalities to talk to if you have to wait in line... I'm sure half "the Vivarium" staff will probably be there.

for a little more info check out http://www.boneroompresents.com/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!