Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Axolotl tank size

Pokadile

Reaction score
I have been looking at other people's tanks and I think I want a bigger one.
How many gallons and litres is best for a reasonable price

Minniechild

Reaction score
Check out sites like eBay- my 6x2ft cost me $269AUD compared to the $650AUD I was quoted brand new. Best idea is to go as big as you can space-wise, and save until you can afford the tank you want, or you end up spending far more in the long-run.
Can't wait to see pics!

snuggly time

Reaction score
I just got a 3ft tank plus stand on gum tree for £70 - Bargain! They're really cheap and can save hundreds of pounds if you consider getting one second hand :)

Attachments

• IMG_0729.jpg
    IMG_0729.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 19,482

tigmades

Reaction score
You can also see if there are people who custom-build aquariums if you have a space and want an unusual size.

One person I asked quoted me $165 for a 48" x 14" x 14". There is another person that will be building my 60" x 15" x 15" for me, and supposedly he charges ~60 less than the other for a 55 gal (away on vacation so can't get price quote), so I'll probably be paying $150 for that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!