Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My tank will not cycle :(

Aesyir

Reaction score
Hello, My tank has been set up for 2 weeks now and I was attempting to do a fishless cycle so I added 2ppm of ammonia (no sign of surfactants or scents ). I did an ammonia test today and its still about the same color of green that it was when i started... I tried some tetra safe start I wasnt counting on it but even without it I would have expected some change by now.... what should I do? Maybe my ammonia actually is bad? Should I just restart.. Any help is appreciated :(

AxieLover21

Reaction score
just keep it going if ammo is to high do a water change only 20% i think. About 4 to 8 weeks and it should be cycled

Aesyir

Reaction score
Nothing has changed still..... I just dont want to waste 8 weeks with a dud. I just feel something has to be wrong its still at 2ppm. If bacteria were colonizing I would have to see some change correct? I do use prime and was told it can kill bacteria but i waited more than 48 hours before doing anything... I guess I just have to believe it will work. This is driving me crazy, I just feel something is keeping the bacteria from colonizing in my tank :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!