Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

HELP IM NOOB WITH SALAMANDERS(arriving this summer)

Luciotasexy

Reaction score
Im planning to get a fire salamander this summer in my other aquaterrarium. I Have a question,will it eat dead and still food(frozen,fruit,dead worm cutted)my newts do eat EVerything i put on their aquarium. I have cared for a firebelly newts with mosquito larvae ,but she had cancer in her mouth when I bought her(it was like s white spot) and the cancer, a year after, killed my poor baby due to bleeding through the enormous tumours on her throat because vets didn't wanted to treat her) i cant get larvae now. But I will buy turtle food pellets...i usually feed my marbled newts what I rescued from a water snake bloody pond, with fish food,cut sardine whithout spines,earthworms once a week,strawberry,veggies,algae and wild bugs(they eat it and they are big and healthy) but im a bit worryed because i whould need more varieties of food(pellets maybe???rodents???
More quedtions:
Will fire salamander be friendly and can be tamed?
Can I touch my fire salamander with my wet hands and let him to walk in my hand?
What algae and aquatic plants are best for my newts and future Sallies? I seen newt eating algae in a pond, so I will pick up these food
And... Can I have a part of water with my baby pleurodeles in the fire salamander tank??. My pleurodeles are really peacefully and learned to live with my juvenile aquatic marbled newt, and fire salamanders are so dumpy and not aggressive. I know the people will kill me for this(the water ).. But how the he'll can a amphibian that's breathes through the skin, throat and rarely lungs, DROWN? I also seen lots of videos about fire salamanders underwater in Spanish fountains!!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!